See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
by Jean-Christophe Novelli on Classic Hits 4FM
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 150ml cream
- half vanilla pod
- 175g Bitter Chocolate
- 70% coca solids broken up in bits
- 50g sieved chocolate powder
- 1tsp coffee grouts(optional)
- Heat up a heavy bottomed sauce pan for30 seconds. Add the milk, cream and vanilla and mix together.
- When the mixture is hot(not boiling), add the chocolate and take it off the heat, but keep stirring until its rich and glossy.
- Add some honey, remove the vanilla pod and add 2 desert spoons of whiskey, the coffee and the cocoa and stir.
- Pour into the serving dishes, place in the fridge to set.
You can do the chocolate pot with the following fruit compote
Spiced fruit compote
- ½ Kg selection of fresh fruit Cherries, blueberries, raspberry, blackberries, strawberries
- ½ vanilla pod cut lengthwise, seeds scooped out
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 5cm piece cinnamon stick
- Dash of rum/kirsh/brandy
- Squeeze honey
- Sprig of mint