See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Irish Beef Goulash
What better way to put those leftovers from your Sunday roast to good use? In no time at all you’ll have a hearty autumn dish to enjoy all over again.
- 500g leftover roast beef cut into cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 600ml beef stock
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 100ml Avonmore Sour Cream
- In a medium sized pan heat up one tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onions and peppers until lightly coloured.
- Pour in the stock, purée and paprika, season and bring to the boil. Cook for about 20 minutes then add the beef and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Avonmore Sour Cream if liked. Serve with lightly buttered pasta noodles or rice.
Courtesy of Bord Bia