See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Monkfish with Roast Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 x 350g monkfish fillet
- 8 thin slices of Parma ham (optional)
- 2 red peppers - cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon white wine or balsamic vinegar
- 100ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil and roast in a hot (180 °c– 200°c) for 20 mins. Remove from oven, place in a bowl, and cover tightly with cling film. Leave to cool.
- If using the Parma ham, tightly wrap the monkfish fillet with the slices of ham.
(It may be necessary to secure the ham with a cocktail stick)
Place fish on an oiled oven proof tray, and bake in the oven for approx 15 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, remove the skins from the peppers. Place into a bowl with the sugar, vinegar and cream. Blend until smooth, correct seasoning if necessary.
- Remove fish from the oven and cut into thick slices with a sharp knife. Arrange on plates and serve drizzled with the red pepper sauce.
Courtesy of Bord Bia