See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Valerie O’Connor is a qualified horticulturist and one of Ireland's top bloggers and freelance food writers. She recently put her food knowledge to the test as a guest critic on Masterchef Ireland.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 400g Mushrooms, your choice - sliced or left whole for little ones
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 25ml sherry
- 300ml Avonmore fresh cream
- Hand-full fresh, chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and add the shallot and garlic, cook for a few mins until soft. Add the more robust mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, followed by the more delicate ones, cook for two more minutes.
- Add the sherry and cook off for a minute, pour in the cream and bring to a bubble
- Season with the salt and pepper and throw in the parsley. Serve immediately on rice or toast.