See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Strawberry and Cream Liqueur Fool
- 300g strawberries, plus 4 halved strawberries to decorate
- 50g icing sugar, plus 1 teasp.
- 300ml Avonmore Double Cream
- 6 tablesp. cream liqueur
For the topping
- 25g plain chocolate
- 1 teasp. clear honey
- 2 tablesp cream liqueur
- Put 200g of the strawberries into a food processor with 50g of the icing sugar and blitz into a coarse puree using the pulse button. Quarter the remaining strawberries and mix with the remaining icing sugar.
- Whip the cream and cream liqueur together in a large mixing bowl until it form soft peaks. Gently fold in the strawberry puree. Layer the mixture in 4 stemmed dessert glasses with the quartered strawberries.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the honey and cream liqueur. Decorate the top of each fool with the halved strawberries and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top.
Courtesy of Bord Bia