See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Tarragon Cream Sauce
Savoury sauce that works well with both chicken and fish
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) Avonmore Double Cream
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) white wine
- 300ml (11fl. Oz) chicken or fish stock
- 15g 1/2 oz Avonmore Butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful chopped tarragon, reserving some for the end
- 3-5 drops of lemon juice
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and sweat the onion and mushroom. Add the bay leaf and tarragon
- Increase the heat, add the wine and reduce it until it is nearly all gone. Then add stock and reduce that too, until it is nearly all gone.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil, reduce slightly. Then sieve, add the salt and pepper and chopped tarragon.