See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
Tian of smoked salmon & avocado topped with horseradish cream and served with a gazpacho sauce.
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced and diced.
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 lemon
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 200g Avonmore whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
For the Gazpacho Sauce
- 1 shallot, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 6 tomatoes, skinned & deseeded
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp tomato puree
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 150ml tomato juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
To make the sauce: place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and chill.
Remove the skin and the stones from the avocadoes. Cut into small dice, squeeze some lemon juice over and season with a little salt & freshly ground black pepper. Place 4 x lightly oiled 2¾inch (7cm) ring moulds onto the centre of each serving dish. Into the base of each mould, divide equally the chopped smoked salmon, gently pressing to help shape it. Repeat with the avocado until each mould is almost full. Next whisk together the whipped cream and the horseradish sauce. Top off each mould with a thin layer of the horseradish cream and smooth over the top. Circle each mould with a drizzle of the Gazpacho sauce. Carefully remove the moulds & serve with fresh Melba toast on the side.