See something worth saving? Register now to save all your favourite recipes to one place.
Remember you must be logged in to use MyCookbook
Tips and Tricks
Find out great tips and tricks to help create that perfect dish... Read More
This is a delicious condiment to have ready in the fridge to serve with any hot or cold meat items. I love to use it on top of some toasted breads as a spiced bruschetta option
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium sized red onion-diced
- 2 garlic cloves-crushed & chopped
- 4-5 leaves basil
- Approximately 20 red cherry tomatoes-halved
- 3 ½ floz/100ml rapeseed oil
- 1 fresh red chili
- Juice of ½ lime
- De-seed the red peppers and cut into very fine dice.
- Cut the red chili into small dice also and add to the red pepper.
- On a hot pan cook the red peppers for a little less than a minute-Just to soften them ever so slightly but be sure not to over cook them as they tend to disintegrate and loose their vivid colour. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Chop the red onions into small dice.
When the red pepper and chili mixture have cooled, add in the diced red onion and halved tomatoes, crushed garlic. Tear the basil leaves into the mixture also.
Season the mixture with a twist of black pepper.
Pour on the olive oil and lime juice and mix well.
Store in the fridge until required.
You can store this product in your fridge for three days.